| How to Update SONY Xperia S LT26i with Official ICS 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware|
SONY Xperia S users can now rejoice as in the due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can manually install the latest version of ICS 6.1.A.0.452 which is a generic firmware which can be applied to all the Xperia S devices. Please note that this update is a global release and we don’t have any updates on by when this will be rolled out all over the globe. As of now this firmware isn’t rolled out officially and also there is no timeline on by when this official update will be rolled out.
Disclaimer: We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of updating SONY Xperia S. It is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions to the point which are mentioned in procedure.
Rooting Information: Applying this update won’t root the device in any manner. Just in case if your Xperia S is rooted and you wish to apply this firmware, then after applying this update the root access will be revoked.
All the data in your SONY Xperia S should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps as your device won’t support the PC companion. Manually place all the target back up files in your computer so as to ensure that the backup is safe and the same can be used at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – ,Sync with the Gmail application
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Enable the USB Debugging in your SONY Xperia S and also make sure that all of your PC’s USB ports are active and are working. Also, last but not the least ensure that your Xperia S is left with the minimum of 60% battery charge so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of ICS 4.0.4 61.A.0.452 update. Full admin rights should be there in your computer so as to ensure that the data can be transferred to / from your device.
Just in case if you are on any of the custom ROM firmware, then enter the device into recovery mode and clear all the data and wipe the cache or else the upgrade process may corrupt some data files.
So let’s get started with the detailed guide on how to apply this firmware update in your Xperia S. Please follow all the steps carefully so as to facilitate smoother firmware update process.
Procedure to Update Xperia S with ICS Android 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware
- Download the 6.1.A.0.452 Firmware FTF Package
- your computer along with the Official Flash Tool
- to your computer.
- Place the extracted .ftf file in the path “C:/Drive > flashtool > firmwares>” and ensure that no other files are there in the above mentioned path. Open the Flash tool in your computer.
- In the flash tool, click on the “File option” and then select “flash mode” on the left side in the opened flash tool to click on Ok and enable the options which are mentioned below as you need to enable Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache.
- Up next you need to Select Ok and then flash tool will now be preparing the ROM, once it’s done it will then you will need to just follow the on screen instructions. As soon as its connected, the flash tool will be installing the Official Stock Gingerbread firmware in your SONY Xperia S.
Note: Just in a rare case if the device is not updated and it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to again clear the cache from the recovery mode and retry the whole process from the start.Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of 6.1.A.0.452 Official ICS firmware in your Sony Ericsson Xperia S. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues in the process of applying the update as we will try our level best to sort out the same.